Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor is needed to join a consultancy practice in Central London on a range of exciting, varied public and private sector projects.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for running multiple projects concurrently, both pre and post contract. The portfolio of projects will be varied, across different sectors such as, education, retail, hotel & leisure, residential and more.
Typical project value is under £10m, currently £1-5m public realm work, although they will vary up to £25m in value. The successful candidate will be carrying out a range of pre and post contract commercial duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be expected to work independently on most of your work. Your job duties will include:
- Working on and working with QS colleagues to prepare Cost Plans & Cost Estimates
- Preparation of tender enquiry documents
- Checking Bills of Quantity
- Undertaking and supervising take offs
- Feasibility reports
- Contractor liaison management
- Cost/ Value reconciliations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor with a strong track record of delivering projects.
- Previous pre and post contract experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of JCT form contract.
- Experience of measuring, pricing, negotiating and agreeing budgets and costs for variations to project scope.
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant Quantity Surveying related subject is strongly desirable
- Professional membership of the RICS or a similar equivalent professional body is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This well-established consultancy has a comprehensive project experience across a wide range of sectors in the construction industry. They possess a strong track record of delivering complex projects across both the public and private sectors, such as education, retail, residential, office fit-out, community, hotel & leisure. As a business they provide a variety of services to their clients including Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Project Management, Fund Monitoring, Employer’s agent and Health & Safety/CDM.
For the right Senior Quantity Surveyor employee there is an opportunity of becoming a Partner.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary £60-70k which is negotiable based on your level of experience