Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor job for dynamic and innovative groundworks and RC Frame contractor to be site based in Central London working on exciting housing, commercial building and office projects. Head office of the exciting groundworks, landscaping and RC Frame contractor is in Islington, North London.
You will be the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Project Quantity Surveyor for this leading groundworks & RC Frame specialist contractor, that works with leading main contractors working on large housing/residential schemes and major office construction projects. Construction project contracts with this RC Frame and groundworks specialist range between £2m and £6m and they have up to 6 projects running concurrently at a time.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Project Quantity Surveyor, you will be site based across the live sites in London, and will report directly to the company Commercial Manager.
As the Senior QS, you will need to understand the construction process and be contractually and commercially astute, and ideally have had previous experience of working as a QS for a subcontractor on RC Frame and groundworks projects.
Your core Senior Quantity Surveyor job duties will comprise:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor and supplier management
- Conducting valuations
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time / additional works)
- Pricing compensation events
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Value engineering
- Have a commercial input into project programming issues
Desired Skills and Experience
As the Senior QS, you will need to have had previous contracting QS experience in order to understand the construction process - ideally previous experience of working as a QS for a subcontractor on RC Frame and groundworks projects. In particular, previous experience of the following duties in a fast paced contracting or subcontracting environment is expected:
- Experience of Contract administration
- Experience of Subcontractor and supplier management
- Experience of Conducting valuations
- Experience of Issuing Interim payments certificates
- Experience of Conducting measurements
- Experience of Cost value reconciliations
- Experience of Change schedule management
- Experience of Variations (compensation/additional time / additional works)
- Experience of Pricing compensation events
- Experience of Client liaison management
- Experience of Preparation of claims
- Experience of Preparation of final accounts
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or similar is desirable.
- MRICS or progress towards MRICS is desirable.
- Help to become MRICS can be provided and is actively encouraged.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A medium sized privately owned and run RC Frame and groundworks contractor operating both in London, the south of England and in niche areas in Europe.
Full details of this specialist dynamic concrete frame and groundworks contractor will be given to shortlisted applicants.
We are excited to be working with this company, and have know members of the management team for many years and can recommend them highly.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary based on experience