Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is needed to join a Construction Management Company based in Brentwood, Essex to concurrently manage 3 residential projects.
Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for managing 3 concurrent residential projects, including 14 flats, 3m house and 15m house after Christmas. Additionally, the company has a growing portfolio of work.
This position is split between being office based and visiting sites.
Responsibilities and Duties
Typical Senior Quantity Surveyor Duties will include:
- Sub-contractor management
- Attending site meetings
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project
- Post-contract commercial duties
- Managing the bespoke or JCT style contract
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor with a strong track record of delivering projects.
- Previous experience as Quantity Surveyor for a main contractor or sub-contractor operation is desired.
- Good knowledge and understanding of JCT form contract.
- Experience of measuring, pricing, negotiating and agreeing budgets and costs for variations to project scope.
- Experienced in visiting site to measure and value works completed.
- A great work ethic and excellent communication skills.
A Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar equivalent qualification is desired but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is a contracting firm with over thirty years of experience in high-end building development and refurbishment. They have worked with a wide range of clients for all types of projects on every scale, from extensions to significant commercial and residential developments. This employer rewards their hard-working staff with high salaries and great bonuses.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous Basic Salary up to 80k negotiable based on experience
- Stakeholder Pension