Clerk of Works
An Opportunity for a Clerk of Works to join a multi-disciplinary consultancy for a fixed term 1 year contract. You would be inspecting existing residential buildings.
Your work will involve undertaking regular inspections of residential Quality Home Investment Projects (QHIP). There includes verifying compliance with design and specifications on existing street properties and block of flats for external repair and decoration, kitchen and bathroom replacements and fire safety improvement works. You would be liaising with Building Contractors and preparing reports for Project Management and Client.
The projects are located in the London Borough of Southwark area and ideal candidate would be based close or live within reasonable travel distance to the area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As Clerk of Works, you will need to demonstrate an ability in undertaking inspections of building works in progress to existing residential buildings.
- Preparing written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in a timely way.
- Verifying compliance with contractual design and specifications.
- Organising snagging and end of defect inspections with the client.
- Maintaining a good client relationship throughout.
- Keeping yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- It is estimated that at least 5+ years of relevant experience will have been previously gained in order to be able to work as a Clerk of Works that can work fully independently and competently in this role. Additional years of experience are also very welcome
- Experience of writing professional reports to a high standard
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Good organisation skills to be able to organise and prioritise your workload
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Capable of working under your own initiative and as part of the group
- Ability to work under pressure
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career, making sure that your knowledge is relevant and up to date
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- Other designations such CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE will also be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, committed to providing high-quality cost-effective solutions that exceed client expectations. The vision of this employer is to be identified as a trusted client advisor, national in reach, local in service and selected for their quality and expertise in the build environment. They pride themselves in reliable personal service, provided by motivated, professional technical experts. They reward their hard-working staff with benefits and are keen to get you working towards professional qualifications.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic salary range of £30,000 to £46,000 dependant on experience
Package – to be confirmed with suitable candidates