Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works job based in Guildford, to work based from home, on a new build residential projects in Guildford and around the Surrey area. Your employer will be an award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy, committed to providing high-quality cost-effective solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Clerk of Works job to cover the Guildford area and suitable candidates for this exciting job will ideally live within the Guildford area.
- The Clerk of Works role will focus on new build residential projects
- The Clerk of Works job will be based from home, with site visits within Guildford and Surrey county and bordering counties on a daily basis.
- Previous experience as a Clerk of Works, Site Manager are relevant backgrounds for this professional Clerk of Works job role.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overseeing buildings works for allocated sites to ensure quality, safety, and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Making sure assurance requirements are met based on regulatory compliance and the employer’s requirements.
- Complete inspections to record any defects identified throughout construction which become apparent after completion of works. Ensure these are communicated and escalated to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
- You will keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance.
- You will demonstrate a good understanding of the building and housing industry, have a basic technical and construction awareness and competence, and be able to show a good working knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements.
- You will have to prepare written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in timely way.
- You will organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a clerk of works, quality manager, site manager or in a building quality assurance role
- Experience of writing professional reports to a high standard
- Good understanding of the industry best practices, processes, and standards
- Having an organised and methodical approach to work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure and calm and professional manner
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- Other designations such CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE will also be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, committed to providing high-quality cost-effective solutions that exceed client expectations. The vision of this employer is to be identified as a trusted client advisor, national in reach, local in service and selected for their quality and expertise in the build environment. The hiring Practice is keen to assist its employees in developing work related professional qualifications and interests.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic salary range of £40,000 to £47,000 dependant on experience
- Package – to be confirmed with suitable candidates