Clerk of Works
A Clerk of Works is required to work for a successful QS and PM Consultancy. You will be based from home and will be responsible for inspecting and reporting on sites in the East Midlands.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out site inspections across multiple projects, largely within the residential sector and providing a short report.
A Clerk of Works job to cover the East Midlands area and suitable candidates for this exciting job will ideally live within the East Midlands area.
The Clerk of Works job will be based from home, with site visits within Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire on a daily basis.
Projects will largely be new build and refurbishment projects and there is strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As Clerk of Works, you will act as the principal point of contact with the social housing client in respect of the construction quality on site.
- You will demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills to ensure issues are resolved at an early stage and that all stakeholders are satisfied with the quality of the construction process and the social housing end product.
- You will be a Clerk of Works that is able to manage multiple social housing projects simultaneously and be able to deploy excellent time management strategies to ensure efficient working practices are undertaken by both yourself and the people around you.
- You will visit multiple sites on a regular basis using the company car provided and you will be regarded as an important part of both each site team and the Clerk of Works team that works across the county and across much of England.
- You will provide the Administration team in head office with dictated reports and photographs following completion of each site inspection so that the report can be issued in a timely manner and further follow ups undertaken as appropriate.
- You will demonstrate a good understanding of the building and housing industry, have a basic technical and construction awareness and competence, and be able to show a good working knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements.
- You will have good communication skills and a diplomatic manner. You will be able to establish and maintain a good working relationship with client, contractors, subcontractors and colleagues alike.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledgeable construction professional with experience in a similar role previously. This could include Clerk or Works, Employers Agent, Building Control / Warranty Inspector or Site Manager
- Previous work for types of organisations as social housing organisations, social housing consultancies, or for a building contractor or housebuilder are highly desirable
- Good knowledge or building regulations and the ability to read construction drawings
- Being a Licentiate Member of the Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate of GB Inc. would be very advantageous. Details of the Institute of Clerks of Works can be found at www.icwci.org. Membership types include the acronyms LICWCI, MICWCI and FICWCI. Willingness to achieve full membership of ICWCI is expected within 12 months of joining the company and all related professional fees will be covered by your new employer
- IT literate is essential
- Strong client facing skills are required to fulfil this role and previous demonstrable experience of this would be advantageous.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy working on projects across England, with a focus on the Midlands, Home Counties and South of England. Operating in counties including Leicestershire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, West Midlands, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent, they are growing fast and have a full order book of social housing work to undertake for clients for years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company. Maxim Recruitment is proud
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Circa £40k - £45k Basic salary
- Company car and business mileage paid
- iPhone and laptop
- Discretionary Bonus