Clerk of Works
A Clerk of Works is required to carry out Clerk of Works services on new build building construction projects based from Portsmouth and covering the Hampshire and Surrey regions
A Clerk of Works is required to work on a variety of building construction projects around Hampshire and Surrey to include Councils, Local Authorities, NHS hospitals and primary care units, schools, colleges and churches.
You will be the principal point of contact with the client in relation to construction quality.
Your employer will be a building contractor and you will be responsible for your employer's quality of work and the Clerk of Work service provision that ensures the delivery quality of work completed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will utilise the digital construction software Procore, to provide reports and photographs following completion of a site inspection.
- You will follow the company ISO9001Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and ISO45001 Health and Safety Management System in the Delivery of all services.
- You will manage multiple projects simultaneously and developing excellent time management strategies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a Clerk of Works job role, ideally for a consultancy
- You should have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements
- You must have good attention to detail and commitment to quality when checking work and materials
- You must have good spoken and written communication skills.
- You will be IT literate and willing to embrace new technology such as Procore.
- You will be able to take care to ensure that the work undertaken and materials used meet the required standard
- You must be able to establish a good working relationship with the Client and be diplomatic while remaining independent
- Set an example by acting in a professional manner including wearing PPE
- Keep up to date with changes in construction methods and statutory legislation
Membership of the ICWCI would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading Hampshire based regional contractor with extensive repeat business with clients including County Councils, Local Authorities, NHS hospitals and primary care units, schools, and colleges.