Senior Quantity Surveyor HS2
Senior Quantity Surveyor job role with a top-tier UK-based civil engineering and rail contractor on their JV High Speed 2 (HS2) construction project in London.
The location of this work will be in West Ruislip.
Only suitable to candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.
Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for procurement and management of subcontractors and supply chain. Suitable candidates will have previous experience in the civil engineering sector.
The location of the site is in West Ruislip, 2 to 3 days on-site and the rest could be remote, but to be discussed with the line manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead and develop the efficient and effective management and issue of accurate, timely and contract-compliant documentation.
- Support procurement team through tenders including producing subcontract documentation.
- Manage subcontracts from initial placement of order to final account.
- Prepare, review and complete sub-contract documentation.
- Prepare and agree interim applications for payment.
- Prepare and agree final accounts with subcontractor.
- Work closely with project management and engineering teams and liaise with Employers' commercial team and client team.
- Demonstrate and maintain commercial and technical knowledge and work closely with technical staff to develop appropriate techniques and solutions for the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong NEC contract experience
- Previous experience in rail or infrastructure projects
- Experience with Power Bi
- Proactive team player
- Problem solving approach.
- IT skills, with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- MRICS or MCInstCES qualified.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor candidate will join an established main contractor on the iconic HS2 project. This leading joint venture consortium JV is delivering a major portion of the tunnelling across London for High Speed 2 (HS2).
The value of the project is around £ 2 billion with the works due for completion in around 2025.
This employer encourages flexible working.
Professional development, such as subsidised further study, or payment of professional membership fees are available for suitable candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £60,000 to 70,000 salary
- Travel Allowance
- 5% pension match
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 1 professional membership paid for
- Life and accident cover