An Estimator is needed to join a leading property company based in Bedfordshire, with residential projects all around England.
Suitable Estimator Manager will have a good understanding of construction estimating methodologies and techniques. Estimator candidates that have worked a similar position in the residential environment will be of particular interest.
The Estimator role is to perform budget and cashflow formation by comparing various options relating to the refurbishment and disposal of residential property.
The employer is a developer who operates in the construction, regeneration, and refurbishment or homes UK nationwide. Successful Estimator will be using employer's bespoke estimating software.
Working as an Estimator you will be part of the Project Management team, you will report directly to the Head of Project Management within the organisation.
This is an office-based role, with flexibility to work from home few times a week.
Responsibilities and Duties
Estimator duties will be to:
- Quantify & cost plan build costs from limited information to support initial project appraisals
- Appraise land and infill opportunities to deliver fully costed viability studies
- Working closely with the Design Team to identify risk and ensure adequate provision is made with budget assessments
- Working closely with the Sales Team to ensure that the appropriate costs are included within budgets reflecting the desired specification
- Analyse & vet subcontract tender returns
- Formation of Final Project Budget, ensuring that tendered costs are interpreted and included where possible and that adequate provision is made where tendered costs are not available
- Have a thorough understanding of project, scope of works and restrictions imposed by contractual requirements and site conditions
- Giving guidance on possible risks and openings within a scheme
- Researching the cost of items such as materials, transport, labour and equipment.
- Responsible for the administration, application and updating of the Term Contract Schedule of Rates
- Cost base maintenance and updates
- Be present at pre-tender meetings and carry out site surveys
- Establish opportunities/scope to maximise value
- Assist in the management and preparation of all required specification and contractual documentation for tendering/negotiation of the refurbishment works
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable Estimator Manager will have:
- 2-4 years’ experience as an Estimator in the construction industry, preferably within the residential sector
- Understanding and ability to take of quantities from technical drawings and form a concise budget
- Ability to price from first principles
- Competency in assessing contract documents and contract requirements
- Proficiency with numbers and capability to manipulate mathematical data
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- IT skills, with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Qualification to Degree level in Quantity Surveying, Cost Management or other construction related field would be beneficial
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading and highly experienced developer and owner of privately rented housing in the UK. Their portfolio of homes extends to over 40,000 units and ranges from one-bedroom apartments to large family homes.
They offer employees a dynamic working environment, generous salaries and good career progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary up to £60k negotiable based on experience
- Company car + fuel card
- Private Healthcare
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays