A new, exciting Trainee Estimator job vacancy with a specialist drylining company in Leicester. Trainee Estimator for this role could be quite new to estimating. This is a great opportunity for graduate with little experience to get into their first role in the construction sector.
Trainee Estimator will be responsible for assisting in the production of robust estimates which will win work, whilst minimizing risk to the business. Ideal Candidate will be able to control numerous projects simultaneously.
The employer covers drywall solutions in a variety of sectors, including residential, commercial, healthcare and education.
Trainee Estimator will be based at Leicester office, with possibility to work from home as agreed.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Trainee Estimator will include, but not be limited to:
- Downloading, and organizing enquiries into the business standard procedure
- Communicating and negotiating with clients at appropriate levels
- Liaising with the buying department/suppliers to build and maintain excellent and sustainable relationships with clients’ procurements teams.
- Assessment of enquiry information, and measurement of drawings
- Converting clients’ scope documents into logically organized bills of quantities.
- Driving opportunity for enhanced margin
- Acting in accordance with the employer’s values and as a role model for other company staff
Desired Skills and Experience
No Previous experience required; however following core capabilities are required:
- Ability to produce a specification using performance criteria only; tender enquiry for sub- contractors, bespoke items for the deliverables section
- Producing basic explanatory notes, preliminary sheets, standard tender deliverables, raise RFI's and price increased costs
- Obtaining complex design solutions that are underwritten by the manufacturers or specialist design consultants
- Knowledge of construction and/or components of Plasterboard manufacturing systems, tiled suspended ceilings, fire-protection systems, SFS systems
- Good understanding of volume 2 of the contract and issues which may arise
- Having an organised and methodical approach to work to be able to work on multiple projects at one time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Interpersonal and team skills
- Driving License and car owner
- IT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- GCSE Maths and English (grades A* - B)
- A-Levels (grades A* - C)
- A BSc in Construction related discipline or similar is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading drywall contractor, covering variety a variety of sectors from healthcare to commercial projects. They have a friendly office and offer employees a dynamic working environment. Full details of the employer will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Full details revealed to shortlisted candidates