Senior Quantity Surveyor
An attractive opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading London based refurbishment Contractor. The successful candidate will be responsible for and in charge of the commercial department team of Quantity Surveyors that perform the commercial and contractual function on 5 to 6 concurrent projects at any one time.
An ambitious Senior Quantity Surveyor is needed to take over the management of the commercial department of a leading, medium sized premium refurbishment contractor.
This Senior Quantity Surveyor job role will be to take charge of an existing QS team of 3 to 4 Quantity Surveyors and Junior Quantity Surveyors. This Senior QS role offers an excellent opportunity for a first management job role for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to get team management experience.
Company projects will typically be high value complex refurbishments and structural work on buildings including basements and extensions, based in Central London for premium private clients.
Typical value of recent projects has been between £2m - £10m and they boast as prestigious client list which includes the Crown Estate.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the commercial function on all live refurbishment projects
- Managing the Quantity Surveying function and a team of 3 to 4 Quantity Surveyors and Junior Quantity Surveyor staff
- Client facing interaction
- Managing payments
- Handling Subcontractor Valuations
- Financial reporting
- Attending site meetings
- Assisting with the production of various reports
- Managing the bespoke or JCT style contract with both the contractor and with subcontractors
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable Senior Quantity Surveyor job applicants will need have:
- 8 to 15 years post qualification experience as a Quantity Surveyor is expected although suitable candidates will be reviewed on merit.
- Previous experience for a main contractor or sub-contractor operation in the refurbishment and / or fit-out sector is preferred.
- Candidates coming from a sub-contractor background relating to Structural work, fit-out / interiors / dry-lining or M&E would be of particular interest.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career
A Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar equivalent qualification is desired but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist Refurbishment Contractor with projects all around Central London, and their head office near the Underground in south London.
Undertaking high value, complex refurbishment projects in the Central London area, they boast a prestigious list of clients and a fantastic portfolio of completed projects
As a hard working and profitable specialist refurbishment contractor and subcontractor, they can offer new employees that join them the opportunity to work on some fantastic luxury, high end projects in popular Central London locations, and a fantastic working and team environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary of £60,000 - £80,000 dependant on experience
- Healthcare after probation period