Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager role with a leading consultancy to work on high-end hotel refurbishments in London and the South Region. Suitable candidates will have previous refurbishment experience, ideally from a consultancy background.
Looking for a Senior Project Manager candidate to start as soon as possible.
The Senior Project Manager in this role will work within the leisure sector. The role will involve working as a part of a team delivering around 10 high-end, hotel refurbishments all within the London area.
This is a client-facing role leading a small team a small team and to be responsible for providing a full range of pre-and post-contract project management services.
The employer offers hybrid working arrangements.
Due to the geographical nature of these projects, it is best if the candidate would reside within London or the South Region.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive risk and programme controls and the provision of contractual advice.
- Prepare full tender documentation, for consultant or contractor appointments and present these to the client for review and comment.
- Administer the tender processes for consultant and contractor appointments.
- Provide /obtain advice on contractors, specialists, procurement routes, cost and programme solutions and present to the client.
- Act in an Employers Agent role on behalf of our clients may be required.
- Management of a small team of staff.
- Administer / manage cost/variation procedures as applicable under the relevant Appointment or Contract
- Prepare financial and progress reports for the client, ensuring their specific data requirements are included.
- Prepare development and delivery programmes in Microsoft Project, ensuring the key deliverable objectives are understood and reported adequately.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior experience of working in the leisure sector is highly advantageous. In particular, prior experience working on luxury hotel projects.
- Previous refurbishment experience in a live environment would be ideal.
- Consultancy background desired
- Experience of carrying out full pre and post-contract duties in a Project Management role.
- A proven track record of operating in a key account role with the management and mentoring of junior members of staff being a responsibility.
- Experience of administering contracts under JCT contract, including design and build and traditional forms.
- Excellent client-facing and stakeholder management skills are essential.
Degree qualified in a relevant subject such as Construction Project Management.
Membership to a relevant professional body such as the CIOB or RICS would be preferred, but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading professional consultancy providing project management and cost management solutions to global in the built environment. Full details will be disclosed to shortlisted Senior Project Manager candidates
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Salary up to £65k (Depending on experience)
- Benefits package, health and dental benefits, pension, holiday allowance
- Hybrid working