Senior Clerk of Works
Exciting Clerk of Works role with a construction consultancy to be Birmingham based, with hybrid working.
Applications from Chartered Members of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate ICWIC are highly welcome.
Senior Clerk of Works will work on a wide range of projects, including cladding remediation, high-risk buildings in sectors such as housing and care. The role will be to monitor and inspect works in progress.
This opportunity is Birmingham based, with flexibility for hybrid working.
The successful candidate will hold a full, clean driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Senior Clerk of Works will include, but not be limited to:
- Monitoring and inspecting all works in progress, including those of sub-contractors throughout the execution of the contract for compliance with the specification.
- Informing the Project Manager and the Principal Contractor in writing of any workmanship and materials found not to comply.
- Preparing and submitting Clerk of Works reports and task allocation and tracking (using Fieldview or alternative system)
- Reporting in line with the requirements of specific scope of services
- Maintaining a diary of the progress of works, delays, unsatisfactory workmanship or materials, visitors to the site and weather, on a weekly basis.
- Recording the details of any occurrence or situation thought likely to cause delay or of any delays which do occur in relation to the building contract and inform the Project Manager
- Providing practical advice, as necessary to the Project Manager in relation to the building contract.
- If requested, assist project team evaluate drawings at pre-construction phase.
- Attending sites and providing the full service as required by the building contract.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Relevant experience in high risk building cladding remediation works or construction works.
- Strong knowledge of different construction methods, materials and building regulations, fire safety measures and installation
- Experience in using Fieldview software would be ideal
- Previous experience as a Clerk of Works, Quality Manager, Site Manager or in a building quality assurance role either at intermediate of more experienced level
- Keen eye for detail and document / drawing review
- Good knowledge or building regulations and the ability to read construction drawings
- Great team player
- IT literate is essential, with a high level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- Report writing skills
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- Other designations such CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE will also be considered
- A formal qualification in construction, engineering or project management would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is an interdisciplinary construction consultancy offering any combination of Quantity Surveying, Architectural, Building Surveying, Project Management, and Quality Control Inspection services.
They provide modern services, in the residential and regeneration/mixed-use sectors for registered providers, local authorities and house builders.
They offer their employees excellent career progression opportunities and development.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £45 - £55k Basic Salary (Negotiable dependent upon experience)
- Scottish Windows pension and salary sacrifice
- Life assurance and health plan
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
- Birthday leave
- Long-service leave