Senior Chartered Building Surveyor
A Senior Chartered Building Surveyor is needed to join a growing team of a multidisciplinary consultancy in Reigate, Surrey.
The projects will be primarily in the residential sector.
Suitable applicants will be Chartered experienced Building Surveyors with previous experience working in the residential sector.
This is a busy and varied role providing support to the Surveying team on a wide range of projects, including insurance work, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
There is a strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential sector.
The work will primarily be South UK-based plus local areas surrounding Reigate. This employer employers offers flexible working patterns.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspect and provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair, and refurbishment of all types of buildings and sites.
- Inspections to involve acquisition surveys, condition reports, measured surveys and defect investigations
- To prepare reports, schedule of works and work specifications
- To design and oversee works using recognised building contracts and to current technical standards.
- Undertake large value projects independently with sound knowledge on all aspects of professional consultancy services.
- To understand and apply other relevant legislation such as health and safety, party wall, building regulations and planning.
- To provide supervision and support to APC candidates to promote knowledge and understanding.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience and extensive working knowledge of consulting engineering, surveying, architectural & planning practices and procedures supported by an awareness of the latest statutory requirements and technical publications.
- Experience in Defect Diagnosis and report writing
- Insurance repair project experience preferred
- Experience in negotiation, supervisory and leadership roles
- Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on large scale projects
- Experience and understanding of CDM Regs 2015, Party Wall and Building Regulation legislation
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills and the ability to think methodically to problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Must be MRICS Accredited
- A BSc in Building Surveying or a related discipline or equivalent qualification is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a multidisciplinary consultancy working within building surveying, structural engineering and architectural planning sectors.
They serve commercial and private clients, the public sector and the insurance claims market.
The successful candidate will benefit from great development and progression opportunities. Diversity, inclusion, and well-being is an important part of the employer's culture and values.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Salary up to £65k (Depending on experience)
- Discretionary bonus
- Life assurance x 3
- Pension scheme
- Holiday Allowance
- Flexible working