Senior Associate - Delay
A Delay Senior Associate role exists within the Delay division of a prestigious, central London based expert witness consultancy.
The successful candidate will have over 2 years of solid experience in an engineering background, and ideally delay analysis and disputes experience.
You will work as part of a team with direct communication with an industry leading expert, on major international disputes.
The position would likely suit candidates who are currently working for a similar expert witness consultancy and feels they are not getting exposure to exciting enough disputes, or feel that they are not being given enough responsibility with their current employer.
The hiring company are willing to offer a highly competitive salary and benefits to the right candidate.
Due to the reputation of key individuals within this business, the hiring company carry out independent expert services on some of the largest and most high profile disputes in the World.
This includes adjudications as well as some of the most exciting international arbitrations. For example, leading the construction disputes for all major airports in the Middle East!
Responsibilities and Duties
This roles primary function will be to provide high level analytical support to one of the businesses experts on one or more disputes. Specific disputes will often be in relation to arbitration or litigation proceedings.
The successful candidate will be given more responsibilities as they progress within the role, such as taking independent responsibility for specific sections of the expert report, including carrying out all of the analysis and the drafting of the report.
You will also gain exposure to meeting with solicitors and personnel within the legal arena generally, hence increasing your network and reputation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Approximately 2-4 years of experience in an engineering background.
- Candidates will have some delay analysis and disputes experience.
- Candidates should have hands on experience of using Planning software’s such as Primavera P6 and / or Asta Power Project.
- Should have previous site based experience and strong understanding of design and engineering.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- A highly analytical mind with the ability to scrutinise documents and delay related issues within a dispute.
- A passion to work in Construction Disputes and Expert services.
- A relevant Construction related Degree or similar equivalent qualification is essential.
- Further relevant qualifications / professional memberships such as MSc / LLM in Construction Law would be advantageous but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leading construction consultancy who specialise in providing independent expert services on major international disputes. You will work alongside several leading industry experts on exciting and often high profile disputes.
The team has extensive experience working on projects in a variety of industries, such as energy, real estate, offshore, oil and gas, transportation, IT, and defence.
They advise on projects across the world, but London serves as the home base for the consultancy. Due to incredible success, they are also looking to open offices internationally!
A full client employer profile will be provided to applicants shortlisted for interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £65k - £80k (Depending on experience)
- Industry-leading Bonus Scheme
- Further education sponsorship
- Hybrid working (home/office)