A rare and exciting opportunity to join a leading international constructions disputes and expert witness consultancy in an entry level quantum role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an excellent Quantity Surveyor with circa 5 years of experience, who has a clear desire to make their first move into a specialist construction disputes role. The successful candidate will work for a large, multi-national consultancy who specialise in construction disputes and expert witness work.
You will work in a supporting role, using your Quantity Surveying and technical knowledge to support a leading expert witness in carrying out the quantum analysis for major worldwide disputes and construction and engineering projects.
This is an office-based role (post COVID-19 restrictions) based in central London.
Whilst working in London, you will gain experience in supporting the lead testifying expert in carrying out Quantum related analysis on domestic and international disputes that are often heading for arbitration and litigation.
No travel will be required, as all of your duties can be carried out in the office.
Responsibilities and Duties
This will be an entry level role into construction disputes and expert witness work. You will work closely alongside a Who’s Who Legal (WWL) recognised expert witness and provide them with support in analysing data and correlating sections of reports in relation to disputes on projects that are preparing for arbitration or litigation.
Specific duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Supporting the Arbitration, Litigation and Adjudication process
- Analysing big data. i.e. Analysing large quantities of claims documentation relating to the dispute and having the ability to quickly understand the key issues and components.
- Using Excel and similar programs to input and analyse quantum data relating to the dispute
- Provision of specialist expert advice to external clients
- Drafting sections of the expert report for the lead expert
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have several years of experience in a Quantity Surveying or similar role and be able to carry out the vast majority of the typical duties and responsibilities as a QS without supervision.
- You will have experience of working for a reputable employer for a prolonged period of time, working to leading systems and procedures.
- Candidates should be well researched into the role of an expert witness and have a strong motivation to move into a construction disputes role, as well as long term ambitions to progress your career in this specialist sector.
- Candidates should be highly methodical and analytical in their approach to work.
- An understanding of claims and how a claim is put together is advantageous, however candidates with little experience of dealing with claims will also be considered, as full training and support can be provided on this front.
- Extremely high standard of written English is required to write sections of reports that will be used as evidence in court. Again, full training can be provided. However, candidates will need a good foundation of written English. i.e. ability to write and present work in a professional manner with no spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes.
- Highly professional in their demeanour and working practices
- Candidates should be qualified to Degree level as a minimum.
- Memberships to professional bodies (i.e. the RICS) and / or higher education qualifications such as MSc in Construction Law are advantageous, but are NOT essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is a large, multi-national consultancy with offices throughout the World. Their UK head office is based in Central London and from this office, they have a team of highly professional individuals specialising in providing consultancy services relating to construction disputes.
You will work for a highly reputable, market-leading, specialist consultancy and alongside a WWL recognised Quantum expert. You will gain experience on working on exciting disputes relating to domestic and international projects in this role.
You will learn from some of the best in the business and be given all the support and opportunities to develop your career and progress within the construction disputes team.
A truly fantastic opportunity for the right candidate wanting to make the transition into construction disputes.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £40k - £50k Basic Salary