A fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a Chartered QS and PM Consultancy based in Leicester. You will be a part of the Residential team working on new build social housing projects in the East Midlands and across the UK.
As the Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager / Employers Agent, you will take responsibility for one or multiple projects from a portfolio that primarily will be new build or refurbishment of affordable housing or social housing.
Most projects are long term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework.
Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations and developers.
You will be based in the Leicester office, with potential to work from home few days a week.
The successful Quantity Surveyor candidate will be willing to travel to sites across the UK as required, so a driving license is required.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Quantity Surveyor job role will involve pre and post-contract quantity surveying duties although there may be a principal focus will be on providing excellent pre-contract services to repeat client customers.
Typical duties will include:
- Preparing Cost estimates, Tender preparation and evaluation, Contract Administration, Cost reporting and Schedules of work
- Acting as Employer’s Agent on Design and Build projects.
- Acting as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team.
- Actively looking to take on additional responsibility and able to stand in for the Senior QS or Associate when they are unavailable.
- Following the company Quality Management System in the delivery of all services.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and developing excellent time management strategies.
- Treating all clients to exceptional level of service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience in running projects quantity surveying and / or project management for either a Private Practice, Construction Company or related organisation.
- Experience of working as an Assistant QS / Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Consultant / Employers Agent on building housing projects is desirable
- Experience in insurance valuation and repair work would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in measurement, ideally using CostX Measurement Software is desirable.
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills to have an organised and methodical approach to work.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Driving license and a car.
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or a degree in Cost Management or similar is preferred.
- Working towards MRICS, or a commitment to achieve Chartered status within 3 years of starting at this company.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy working on projects across England, with a focus on the Midlands, Home Counties and South of England.
Operating in counties including Leicestershire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent, they are growing fast and have a full order book of social housing, housing, student accommodation, healthcare and other industrial and commercial building related work to undertake for clients for years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees.
They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company. Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommends them highly. Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary with regular performance and salary reviews
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 with time served)
- Professional fees paid
- In house and external training and support
- Discretionary bonus
- Opportunity for hybrid working (up to 2 days per week WFH)