New Quantity Surveyor job opportunity with a principal contractor to work on a new build hospital project in Ealing. Candidates with previous experience working on medical projects are highly desired.
Quantity Surveyor will have the full responsibility of running and monitoring the delivery of a new build project at Ealing Hospital. It is expected that the project will run for the next 12 months.
You will be working alongside Project Managers on-site and will report regularly to the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
This is a site-based role and ideal candidates will live within easily commutable distance to Ealing.
The role is offered on a permanent PAYE basis and Quantity Surveyor is needed to start as soon as possible.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Quantity Surveyor duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and manage construction costs.
- Assess project risks, timings and budgets.
- Prepare cost estimates and cost plans for projects.
- Analyse tender documents and contracts.
- Develop and maintain records of construction costs.
- Provide advice on contract administration and legal matters.
- Conduct research on construction materials, labour, and equipment costs.
- Prepare reports on project progress and financial performance.
- Dealing with subcontractors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 to 4 years as a Quantity Surveyor running own projects
- Previous experience working on medical or NHS projects would be ideal
- Previous experience with public sector projects
- Capable of running own project with minimal supervision
- Experience in contract administration
- A strong understanding of construction processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- IT skills in MS Excel and Word
HNC/HND or a degree in Quantity Surveyor or similar construction discipline preferred, but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Qs employer is a principal building contractor operating across London and the South. They are fast-paced and growing fast.
They offer their employees the opportunity to progress in their careers, continuous professional development as well great working environment.
Full details of the employer will be disclosed to shortlisted applications.