A Technical Manager or Project Manager is required to join a growing construction engineering consultancy team based in the Lower Mainland area of Vancouver.
This is an exciting job opportunity for a focused and driven Chartered Consulting Engineer and or Project Manager consultant with client-side civils infrastructure experience. It’s a fantastic job opportunity for a premium candidate seeking to develop their skill set and enhance their career.
The successful candidate will be working on various interesting large-scale construction infrastructure projects. Training and a competitive remuneration package will be provided.
This employer has extensive experience with the development, procurement, design and construction of heavy civil engineering projects, and has been engaged on a range of projects at various stages of a project’s life cycle.
They have provided project delivery services for port, transportation, health care and heavy civil construction on projects including:
- George Massey Tunnel Replacement Project
- Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project
- Surrey Langley SkyTrain Project
- Highway 1 Corridor Improvements Program
- SkyTrain facilities
- Flood Remediation Projects on Highways 5 & 1
- Fraser River Tunnel Project
- Centerm Port Expansion.
As an organisation, the scope of their project delivery capability includes:
- Conceptual and preliminary design including establishing appropriate design criteria to meet clients’ needs
- Management of owners’ teams for engineering, environmental and construction activities including management of environmental assessment processes and construction/engineering management for traditional and alternate delivery projects
- Development of project budgets based on bottom-up cost estimates, understanding of market conditions, cost of risk, schedule implications to costs, site constraints, contractual terms and conditions, financing and life cycle costs
- Review of project work by others and suggestions for modifications to optimize the project to meet clients’ requirements
- Establishment of project requirements for inclusion in the project agreement including asset performance, risk allocation and warranties
- Development of project contracting strategies including packaging of work to optimize performance as well as P3, design-build, design-build-finance, construction management and design assist delivery models
- Participation in procurement processes including reviewing of technical proposals and financial close considerations
- Establishing and implementing cost and schedule controls for all elements of a project including the owners’ project management office, property acquisition and construction
- Contract management during construction including payment, change orders and quality management
- Undertaking Field reviews
- Completing project close out discussions, negotiations and documentation.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Project Manager or Technical Manager with the team, your job duties will be to:
- Participate in the development of projects to make them procurement-ready
- Coordination of multidisciplinary teams including engineering, environmental, construction, communications, legal and others
- Interact with Clients and their representatives in a professional and courteous manner
- Manage Value Engineering assignments
- Support Projects through the Provincial Government approval processes
- Manage projects to timelines
- Manage and Generate plans and reports for submission to Clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
In order to undertake this complex and challenging Project Manager Technical Manager job role the following skills and experience are expected to be necessary:
- 7+ years’ experience in the construction/civil engineering industry
- Specific experience in a consulting engineering environment is an asset and is preferable
- Experience in Canada is essential, and preferably experience gained in British Columbia, Vancouver or the Lower Mainland region
- The ability to work across disciplines including engineering, environmental, construction, communications, legal and others is also expected.
- Proficiency in the application of Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and other construction industry-specific project management-related software
- Able to evidence a focus on productivity and attention to detail
- Possess strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to work well in a team environment
In summary, strong coordination and communications skills as well as a premium calibre technical background are needed and candidates evidencing this will be immediately shortlisted for interview.
- Degree in civil engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited university
- Registration in good standing as an engineer in British Columbia (P.Eng)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This civil engineering employer is a highly regarded project delivery, engineering, risk management and project management consultancy based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
With a focus on civil engineering infrastructure projects, they have built an excellent reputation in Vancouver and British Columbia and have a forward order book of confirmed work on a range of infrastructure, transportation, civil engineering, and rail projects in the Vancouver and British Columbia region.
They have an enviable reputation for successful delivery of complex infrastructure projects to tight timelines and budgets
A full client employer profile will be provided to applicants shortlisted for interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary of up to $130,000 based on experience
- Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks vacation in addition to statutory holidays
- Full healthcare package