As a Project Manager / Quantity Surveyor, you will take responsibility for multiple projects concurrently. Projects will largely be new build and refurbishment projects and there is strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential sector. You will be based in the Nottingham office.
As the Project Manager / Quantity Surveyor you will take responsibility for one or multiple projects from a portfolio that primarily will be new build or refurbishment of affordable housing or social housing.
Most projects are long term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework. Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations and developers.
The successful Senior Project Manage candidate will be willing to travel to sites across the UK as requires. so, a driving license and a car for this role is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Project Manager duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Working independently and taking responsibility for the successful delivery of an extensive programme of Affordable Housing work
- Acting as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and developing excellent time management strategies.
- Must be capable of managing small to medium sized projects with a reasonable level of independence
- Treating all clients to exceptional level of service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience of running your own projects as a Project Manager, Quantity Surveyor or Employers Agent working for either a PQS/cost consultancy or building contractor or subcontractor.
- Experience of measurement software such as CostX Measurement Software or similar and the ability to manage colleagues using it.
- You will be able to manage multiple social housing projects simultaneously and deploy excellent time management strategies to ensure efficient working practices are undertaken by both yourself and the people around you.
- The successful applicant will be acting as Employer’s Agent managing new build projects as required by the scheme Development Agreement.
- Managing the provision and recording of essential plot handover information.
- Supervising the work of any assistants and apprentices in your team and helping them to their potential.
- A degree in a construction related field
- Ideally, a Chartered member of the RICS, or a commitment to achieve Chartered status within 3 years
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will join an established and growing Leicestershire based cost consultancy / QS and project management / PM consultancy which can offer their employees a mature, professional and collaborative working environment.
This RICS accredited Quantity Surveying/ Project Management practice has an enviable pipeline of work with a loyal, established and expanding client base.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommend them highly.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic Salary ranging £30-45k negotiable dependant on experience
- Discretionary Bonus
- In-house and external training provided