Procurement Consultant Renewable Energy
A new Procurement Consultant Renewable Energy job role in London, with a leading global consultancy organisation in a specialist procurement division.
Procurement Consultant Renewable Energy will work alongside a highly skilled team delivering best-in-class strategic procurement and contract advice, including end-to-end procurement services.
This employer has opportunities for people with a passion for renewable energy and major capital programmes and projects to join their expanding Procurement team.
Procurement Consultant will be reporting to an established Renewable Energy Procurement lead. You will be helping clients to deliver major capital programmes and projects for green technologies to provide more sustainable energy sources for customers and the community at large.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their career, skills, and knowledge through working with industry leading organisations across the UK and globally, making an impact on large-scale flagship programmes and projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide specialist procurement strategy advice to Public and Private sector clients.
- To manage and collaborate with a team on end-to-end procurement services for major projects or programmes.
- Support the development of the procurement services
- To support business development and marketing of the department
- To support the delivery of both team and wider business targets.
- To support on bid preparation and proposal documentation and support the work-winning capability
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies is desirable but not essential:
Hydro-Electric, Onshore and Offshore Wind, Tidal, Energy from Waste, Hydrogen, Solar, Carbon Capture, Net Zero, Biofuels, Geothermal
- Knowledge and experience with embedding excellence into end-to-end procurement activities
Core skills-sets and experience across end-to-end procurement, supply chain management and/or contract management, including:
- Major capital programmes and projects procurement strategy and implementation, Contract management, Supply chain intelligence, Supplier evaluation strategies, Supply chain management
- Contract terms, negotiation, and award
- Wider procurement consulting experience gained from either client, contractor, or professional services organisation
- Experience of key responsible sourcing areas including human rights, environment, health and safety, anti-bribery & corruption, and labour practices
- Good understanding of UK and international energy sector, related technologies and regulatory environments is desirable
- Experience of successful supplier engagement
- Preferably a degree related to construction, civil engineering, quantity surveying, law or procurement.
- CIPS Level 4 achieved or willing to work towards
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This premium, multidisciplinary consultancy firm is a global business which is a fast-growing organisation. They are an innovative and dynamic company.
This employer celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all their employees.
Successful Procurement Consultant candidates will be able to challenge themselves and develop their careers in market leading global business.
Full details of this employer disclosed to shortlisted candidates
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary up to £75,000
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme with the employer matching contributions up to 5%
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Personal accident cover