Health and Safety Advisor HS2
A great opportunity for Health and Safety Advisor to join top-tier UK based civil engineering and rail contractor on their JV High Speed 2 (HS2) construction project in London.
Health and Safety Advisor role is to work with Health and Safety Manager to support the project to safely delivery our section of works for HS2.
Suitable Health and Safety Advisor candidates will have previous experience in Construction or Infrastructure Health & Safety.
Successful Health and Safety Advisor candidate will be supporting the Health & Safety Manager in the management of H&S on HS2 site, including the implementation of the H&S Management System (HSMS) to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
This Health and Safety Advisor job vacancy plays the key role in helping to establish and maintain the highest and where possible, new industry Health and Safety standards for the HS2 project.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the key responsibilities and duties of this Health and Safety Advisor HS2 will include:
- Understanding employers Health & Safety Policies and Processes and statutory requirements
- Provide advice, guidance and independence with regards to the assessment of and appointment of sub-contractors
- Assist with and undertake H&S surveillance where required of operational sites. Participate, as requested in parent company H&S audits
- When directed, assist if necessary, with the preparation of H&S risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Assist with the monitoring, analysis of and reporting of H&S performance. Utilise data to highlight areas of further consideration, evaluation and intervention
- Assist and/or manage the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of H&S training/ briefings, as directed.
- Promote best practice, capture best practice and ensure it is fed-back into the business and parent companies
- Set standards and lead by example in the management of H&S
- Liaise with the other members of the HSS Team and the wider organisation with regards to H&S
- Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relations to H&S Management and responsibilities including appropriate qualifications and professional membership
- Obtain competency cards in line with the company’s Competence Card Compliance Standard
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years' experience in relevant field of Construction / Infrastructure Health & Safety
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Strong knowledge and practical application of safety on the ground.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing culture and performance in a civil engineering environment.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate is essential
- Membership of IOSH - Tech IOSH is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Health and Safety Advisor HS2 candidate will join an established main contractor on the iconic HS2 project. This leading joint venture consortium JV is delivering a major portion of the tunnelling across London for High Speed 2 (HS2).
The value of the project is around £2billion with the works due for completion in around 2025.
This employer encourages flexible working.
Professional development, such as subsidised further study, or payment of professional membership fees are available for suitable candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary negotiable based on experience + benefits package
- disclosed to shortlisted Health and Safety Advisor HS2 Candidates