An attractive opportunity for an Estimator to join a leading London based refurbishment Contractor. The successful candidate will be responsible for estimating and pricing premium Central London refurbishment jobs £1-8m in value.
An ambitious Estimator is needed to take responsibility for estimating and pricing premium Central London refurbishment jobs of around £1-8m in value. Projects include complex and high value refurbishment works including cut and carve, basements and adding extra floors to existing buildings.
Company projects will typically be high value complex refurbishments and structural work on buildings including basements and extensions, based in Central London for premium private clients.
Typical value of recent projects has been between £2m - £10m and they boast as prestigious client list which includes the Crown Estate.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Estimator for the company, you will be responsible for:
- Pricing refurbishment jobs £1m-£8m in value
- Able to understand and incorporate construction sequences within the tender price
- Understand construction materials and the best methods of pricing them
- Client facing interaction
- Working closely with the company directors on a strategic and hands on way
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Estimator with refurbishment or building construction experience to fast track their career with a pro active hands on refurbishment contractor that is looking to progress your career with them and to progressively take over all of the estimating role from the directors and make it a free standing estimating department with a number of junior estimators soon to be employed and reporting to the Estimator undertaking this role.
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable Estimator job applicants will need have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a building or refurbishment estimating role within construction, probably in the UK or Ireland
- Experience of estimating for structural work, building work and refurbishment work or with very similar transferrable experience
- Previous Estimating experience with a fast track refurbishment contractor, a professional subcontractor or a dynamic building construction contractor is essential
- Candidates coming from a sub-contractor background relating to Structural work or refurbishment would be of particular interest.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career is essential
A Degree in a construction subject is desired but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist Refurbishment Contractor with projects all around Central London, and their head office near the Underground in south London.
Undertaking high value, complex refurbishment projects in the Central London area, they boast a prestigious list of clients and a fantastic portfolio of completed projects
As a hardworking and profitable specialist refurbishment contractor and subcontractor, they can offer new employees that join them the opportunity to work on some fantastic luxury, high end projects in popular Central London locations, and a fantastic working and team environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary of £60,000 - £80,000 dependant on experience
- Healthcare after probation period