Design Manager Data Centers
Construction careers dont get any better than this with a fabulous opportunity for an ever ready and adaptable customer centric Engineering Design Manager with Data Centre or IT infrastructure experience to join a rapidly growing technology company in Hong Kong.
This has to be one of the best client side project management jobs on our books! The pace of this industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz working with our client. Their people are ever ready, adaptable and intuitive.
You will be based in our project office near Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the Technical Director and work closely with the rest of the Technology team
- Act as the key interface between the technical teams and the customer for the business
- Have responsibility for all aspects of the customer requirements and drive the delivery of the customer solution and product through the complete data centre cycle.
- Build and maintain strong customer and industry technical relationships
- Study and understand customers current and future requirements and help translate this into a roadmap for the business. This includes developing intelligence in server, network vendors, customer technicians, to study new ICT technology trends and introduce innovative solutions in the design.
- Produce and manage all key technical and sales collateral, from presentations to schematics and play a key role in managing and organising (sales) meetings with customers
- Manage the design brief, detailed design development, coordination of installation works, testing, commissioning and handover, close out on site for all relevant building services, to the satisfaction of all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the RFP and customer requirements phase, including managing and delivering these key documents
- Optioneering, technically and commercially, various solutions for customers
- Represent company in client, supplier and subcontractor meetings and negotiations.
- Develop a product approach and focus on assisting developing best in class customer offerings
- Review consultant proposals and contractor submittals and develop recommendations for proposed project solutions
- Oversee project activities, identifying any areas of potential exposure or non compliance to mitigate risk
- Develop high level space planning and engineering solutions for customers
- Play a key stakeholder role in the design and construction of our facilities, you are the eyes of their customers. Supervise the project implementation, solve engineering problems and deep engagement in Commissioning.
- Review designs for cost saving analysis, develop relevant electrical engineering documents for fast local delivery. Develop schematic design and review design documents from concept to construction document.
- Develop innovative, customer focused fit out designs and oversee the project management of these at their sites
- Develop project design delivery strategies while providing overall administrative and technical leadership, to ensure successful completion of the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive project design and deiivery and management experience in design and build projects particularly heavily serviced facilities.
- Experience working for a data centre operator is a big plus
- Customer centric approach , listen, understand, manage expectations and ensure delivery to them
- Ability to deliver effective presentations on data centre operations to customers, peers and management
- Strong commercial acumen to understand the commercial implications of engineering decisions and build cost models for customers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project & Visio) and AutoCad is required
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skill
- Local industry knowledge and understanding of the approvals system by the relevant authorities is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong communications skills
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Telecomms Engineering, Buildings Services or related disciplines
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres that meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies today and into the future. They are a company of challengers, constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game. They have their eyes set on rapid expansion across the Asia Pacific and are looking for people who share their energy and passion for supporting a data driven future.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A generous all inclusive salary package is available for the right candidate.