Delay Managing Consultant
Delay Managing Consultant job-based in London/ Hybrid to work with Delay Experts on a range of high value national and international projects that are working through the dispute process and may result in arbitration.
A Delay Managing Consultant job is available based in London that would be suitable for a Delay Consultant or a Senior Consultant already working within specialist delay work either as a Delay Analyst or as a Planner/ engineer with active involvement within matters relating to delay.
Suitable candidates will be looking to specialise further within delay disputes work and will be specifically wanting to work for a premium expert consultancy operating at the top of the specialist construction disputes industry providing independent expert opinion on delay matters and helping clients through complex arbitrations.
Strong analytical problem solving, and communications skills are essential for this challenging construction delay role that will give you access to some of the world’s most interesting and challenging construction disputes underway.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Delay Managing Consultant within the specialist delay division of the construction disputes business, you will work with the London and the international team, including noted delay experts and in consultation with members of the quantum team, to identify the best approach to individual arbitration matters in order to assist clients in attaining the desired legal outcome.
Specific Delay Consultant Job Duties May Include:
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- The preparation of prospective and retrospective delay analyses across a wide variety of construction and engineering projects to include the assimilation of technical information along with evidence of delays and the presentation of information in both programmes and reports.
- Assist experts in identifying the best approach to individual litigation, arbitration matters to assist clients in attaining a desired legal decision.
- The preparation of written reports for use in negotiation, as well as formal dispute resolution processes such as mediation & adjudication prepared as assistant to an independent expert.
- Preparation or defence of extension of time claims on behalf of employers, main contractors and sub-contractors.
- Working independently or with client teams to carry out ‘live’ planning assistance.
- Preparing programmes for new construction projects and the monitoring and resequencing of existing programmes to ensure live works are completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Reviewing technical and non-technical documentation.
- Support and lead junior staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum 5 + years of good engineering or planning experience.
- A good working knowledge of various standard forms of contract, including NEC and JCT & FIDIC
- A demonstrable understanding of contract and law within the construction industry, with a particular understanding of matters relating to planning and delay.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- The ability to work and organise multiple commissions.
- An excellent knowledge of construction techniques.
- A detailed understanding of different methods of delay analysis and the ability to apply those methodologies, both prospectively and retrospectively.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills including experience drafting delay related reports or briefing documents for management or stakeholders relating to construction delay claims, or ideally for litigation/arbitration (and show demonstrable ability to write and conduct business in English)
- Be able to demonstrate strong skills using relevant software tools required to be able to access source data such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Primavera P3/P6, Suretrak & similar IT tools
- Ability to communicate highly technical material to non-technical audience
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, creative problem solving skills and be able to evidence the ability to work as a part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering Commercial Management or similar Construction degree.
- Master’s degree in relevant construction specialism highly desirable, especially construction law LLM or similar
- Chartered or progress towards Chartership actively underway
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction dispute organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world.
They specialise in international arbitration, general commercial arbitration/litigation, forensic accounting, and other specialist services across a number of sectors.
Their experts maintain integrity, quality, and objectivity when solving complex disputes, delivering details analyses, and articulating meaningful results in a clear and concise manner.
The experts working for this organisation have testified across the globe on many of the largest construction delay and quantum matters, and their dispute services include forensic scheduling, project cost/quantum analytics, and liability reviews.
Full details of this premium international construction disputes specialist and their operations across Hong Kong, Asia, the UK and the USA and Canada (and worldwide) will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary
- Annual bonus
- Pension & Life & Medical Insurance
- Flexible/ Hybrid working arrangements available