Clerk of Works Stock Condition
A Clerk of Works who specialises in stock condition surveys is required to join a Project Team of a growing, successful consultancy business. Clerk of Works will be inspecting sites in and around the South London area.
Successful candidates will have previous experience in undertaking stock condition surveys. The projects will be largely in the residential sector. As Clerk of Works, you will act as the principal point of contact with the client in respect of the construction quality.
Holding a UK driving license for this role in essential, and Clerk of Works in this role should be willing to travel across South London as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct comprehensive stock condition surveys within tenanted homes, assessing the condition of properties across the South London region.
- Work to employers KPI's in relation to dictations and photographs following completion of a site Survey / inspection.
- Provide insightful reports and recommendations to enhance the overall quality and condition of our clients' housing stock.
- Work collaboratively with the clients throughout the entire housing stock surveying process.
- Maintain accurate and reliable data to support asset management strategies and compliance requirements.
- Work independently and take responsibility for the successful delivery of Clerk of Works services on all projects.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide an excellent level of service to all clients and colleagues.
- Work within a construction site environment, including climbing stairs, ladders scaffolding etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of undertaking stock condition surveys
- Qualified / experienced in assessing properties to HHSRS standards (or willing to undertake training)
- Hold a CSCS card ( or willing to undertake the required test)
- Demonstrate a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality when checking work and materials.
- Able to Demonstrate technical proficiency in identifying defects, snaps and general construction quality
- Strong verbal communication
- Proficient in IT use, with a willingness to embrace new technology
- Member or licentiate of the ICWCI ( or willing to undertake training)
- A formal qualification in construction, engineering or project management would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy working on projects across England, with a focus on the Midlands, Home Counties South and North of England. they are growing fast and have a full order book of social housing work to undertake for clients for years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £44-49k Basic salary
- Company car and business mileage paid
- 25 days holiday
- Early finish Fridays
- Remote working