An exciting and new Claims Consultant job vacancy in Norway to join a recently awarded c£2Billion (Euro2,000 million) civil engineering road project with major bridge and tunnel sections of work.
One of the biggest ever civil engineering road construction projects in Norway has now been awarded under a PPP framework to a consortium of companies. The project will improve the journey between Bergen and the island of Sotra on the West coast of Norway. It is the largest road infrastructure project in Norwegian history and one of the largest construction contracts awarded in Europe in the last few years.
The project itself is a 10km, four-lane road link that includes 22 bridges and viaducts, including one 900m long suspension bridge that will be 30m wide and over 100m high. There will be 12.5km of tunnels, made up of numerous tunnel portals and underpasses and two twin tunnels of almost 5km in length, as well as 14km of pedestrian and bicycle paths.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the duties and responsibilities of the Claims Consultant will be to:
- Developing claims and disputes strategies to meet objectives
- Supervising the processing and negotiation of claims requests, including details of additional costs
- Working as the Claims Consultant within the Contracts Department
- Supervising the management of contracts, the correct interpretation and implementation of administrative and contractual obligations, ensuring their compliance with the specific contractual requirements of the project
- Supervising the management of contractual issues towards the client and the custodians
- Handling relations with the lawyers in charge, with reference to contractual management activities
- Supervising the relationship with the client by taking charge of the flow of correspondence
- Providing assistance, support and guidance to Project Management and related functions, in relation to contractual issues both towards the client (contractual progress, reservations, litigation, etc.) and to the competent public bodies (program agreements, conventions etc.)
- Drawing up and updating the reports required by the contracts.
- Managing applications for payment (both active & passive)
- Managing Variation Orders
- Able to manage commercial risks and the project risk review process and related verifications
Desired Skills and Experience
- Around 10 years of experience, including a couple of years’ experience in the management of contractual disputes in construction companies undertaking major projects, ideally comparable major civil engineering projects
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of the contractual process and related hands on knowledge and experience
- Able to demonstrate an understanding and working knowledge of the construction process relating to complex infrastructure projects
- Able to demonstrate an understanding and experience of key commercial risks and ability to manage the project risk review process and related verifications
- Strong on the commercial / contractual aspects of working on claims.
- Excellent letter and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in using Software Primavera P6 & Tilos
- Fluent in English
- Candidates are likely to have an engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction related degree.
- Chartered candidates would be at an advantage
- MSc Construction Law or similar postgraduate construction law qualification desirable to assist with the technical aspects of the Claims Advisor / Claims Consultant role
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world such as Norway.
This particular company is constructing the largest road infrastructure project in Norwegian history. Expected to be under construction for the next 5 years.
Given the location of the project, nice accommodation can be found around 30 minutes away, and there are full amenities, including leisure and skiing facilities within short travelling distance.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary levels will be assessed and offered based on previous relevant experience and capability to undertake the above duties.