Associate Director - Delay
A highly reputable claims and disputes consultancy based in Sheffield, Yorkshire is looking to hire a Associate Delay Director.
There is also an exciting opportunity for the Associate Director to open an office in an agreeable strategic location such as Birmingham, Leeds, London and Manchester.
The successful candidate will likely be an existing Associate Director or Senior Consultant in Delay who has worked for a consultancy providing dispute resolution services.
If this sounds like you, then this position could be a great career move. In return, you will work for a reputable consultancy with a highly experienced senior management team where you can expect to be involved in claims, disputes (largely adjudications) and expert witness work.
In this line of work, it is common to gain exposure to a wide variety of assignments. This can include projects in multiple sectors, as well as working with a number of unique clients, including main contractors, sub-contractors and client organisations.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Associate Director, you will report directly to the Managing Director and provide support to senior management on more complex disputes work, as well as being charged with running your own assignments with clients relating to claims on live projects.
You will be expected to provide all of the following services within this role:
- Collaborate with the Delay Analysts at to offer support on disputed and time-related issues.
- Reviewing construction programmes and offering guidance on them.
- Helping clients avoid conflicts by offering expert, commercially focused counsel.
- Providing support to clients on matters related to delay and loss.
- Collaborate with the commercial experts to offer support on disputed and
- non-controversial time-related issues.
- Provide timely and delay-related coaching and training to numerous clients.
- Report writing and representation of clients in tribunals.
- Collaborate with solicitors offering expert support in construction-related disputes
- Business Development
Desired Skills and Experience
- Acting as a Lead Assistant to an Expert Witness.
- Approximately 10 years postgraduate experience in the construction industry.
- The chosen applicant will have prior experience working in live planning and programming roles for contracting organisations or delay analysis work at a disputes consultancy. Experience of both would be highly advantageous.
- Familiarity with Programmes and Programming Software.
- Ability to use some or all of the following software: P6, Asta Powerproject, MS Project
- Some formal involvement in managing or supporting in a formal dispute (adjudication, arbitration, litigation etc.) would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Well-presented and articulate individual with the ability to thrive in a client-facing role and communicate effectively with the client
- Good experience/knowledge of standard forms of contract such as NEC and JCT is essential
- Competent with Microsoft Office packages.
- Qualified to degree level
- A Masters in Construction Law would be desirable. Candidates working towards either of these may be considered also.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a multi-disciplinary construction consulting firm with a focus on risk analysis and mitigation, expert witness, coaching, training, project management, commercial management, and dispute avoidance.
Since its founding, the company has built a solid and expanding clientele. It is ideally situated to offer clients across the country a high calibre of service, with multiple office sites around the United Kingdom.
The business is headed up by a highly respected senior management team who can provide excellent guidance and support to the successful candidate in their professional career development.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary up to £120k (DOE)
+ Car allowance
+ Discretionary Bonus
+ Support towards further qualifications
+ Hybrid working Opportunity