Utilities Project Assistant
A Utilities Project Assistant is needed to join a leading property development company based in Bedfordshire and London that works all around England.
The Utilities Project Assistant will be providing project support to the Head of Utilities and assist in the delivery of all functions of the company’s Utilities department.
The hiring company is delivering residential utility dilapidation works and occasional utility replacement works. These can be for power, potable water & drainage to houses being renovated for sale on the open market.
The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic, flexible and organised individual with good communication and IT skills, and the ability to work across multiple projects and to operate under their own initiative as well as part of a closely integrated team.
The role requires someone with the ability to liaise with external stakeholders and authorities, management of suppliers (consultants and/or contractors) and experience of financial control of projects is preferrable.
Responsibilities and Duties
Utilities Project Assistant responsibilities will be to:
- Commissioning of utility reports for newly acquired sites
- Act as day-to-day contact for external Consultants and Contractors undertaking surveys of private utilities infrastructure
- Some time is expected to be spent visiting sites across a broad geographical area of England and Wales, including providing surveillance or audits of contractors providing surveys, utility repairs or installation of services
- Assist in the drafting and preparation of Dilapidation claims for external utility repairs
- Assist in the preparation of Resident Management Company budgets
- Administration and upkeep of internal project management databases
- Provide utilities engineering support to internal Build and Development teams
- Develop effective working relationships and manage various stakeholders including consultants, contractors and external authorities
- Occasional site visits associated with residential potable water, wastewater and/or electric provision contracts
- Monitor and update multiple project programmes, budgets and cost plans
- Ensure regulatory compliance and monitor Health & Safety on construction sites
Desired Skills and Experience
Relevant utilities experience, particularly potable water and sewerage networks is very important and suitable Utilities Project Assistant will be able to work without supervision or help.
Any experience of sewage would be advantageous.
Knowledge of typical supplier contract arrangements and health and safety regulations related to construction is also preferable.
Ideal candidates will have worked as a Project Assistant or as a Utility Coordinator previously in comparable utility installation, renovation or dilapidation work in the UK for a developer, engineering consultant or house builder or housing company. Subcontractor experience may not be suitable as this is a management role to specify and supervise the works (not do the works).
A relevant qualification in an engineering or other technical construction-related subject although relevant experience of utilities infrastructure procurement and maintenance, ideally in a residential setting, is more important.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading and highly experienced developer and owner of privately rented housing in the UK.
Their portfolio of homes extends to over 40,000 units and ranges from one-bedroom apartments to large-family homes. They offer employees a dynamic working environment, generous salaries and good career progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous Basic Salary c£50,000 - £55,000
+ Company Car and fuel card
+ Bupa Medical Cover for self, spouse and family
+ Life Insurance
+ 25 days holiday allowance