Senior Consultant - Corporate Advisory Services
An exciting and rare opportunity for a QS/Commercial manager to move away from contracting and join a highly reputable consultancy in Bolton, North West.
The successful candidate will have experience in Quantity Surveying/ Commercial Management from a contracting background and wants to move away from the general QS duties and move into a specialist Senior Consultant role in Corporate Advisory Services.
If this sounds like you, then this position could be a great career move. In return, you will work for a reputable consultancy with a highly experienced senior management team where you can expect to be involved in providing an opinion of the robustness of businesses from a commercial management perspective.
In this dynamic and varied profession, you will apply your knowledge of quantity surveying to the larger field of business consultancy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Offer commercial and contractual experience to support the Funder in assessing risk, both that associated with its clients in terms of the company systems and processes and also that associated with the contracts undertaken by that client.
- Advise from the initial consideration of whether the Funder may want to provide a facility or not.
- Analysing client information to identify important information and successfully integrate it to support decision-making procedures.
- Monitor on behalf of the Funder throughout the life cycle of the Funding Arrangements to ensure that future risk is identified.
- Advise and implement exit strategies should the Funder clients wish to withdraw from the arrangements.
- Displaying expertise in commercial practices including the management of applications for payment, payment certificates, and cost value reconciliation reporting.
- Interacting with a variety of stakeholders, maintaining open lines of communication, and building trust by applying your in-depth knowledge of the sector.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in Quantity Surveying/ Commercial Management working with a main contractor.
- Working knowledge of the standard forms of contract subcontract, including JCT and NEC 3 and 4 forms
- Good understanding of CVR’s (Cost Valuation Reconciliation)
- Strong commercial experience including the management of applications for payment, payment certificates, and cost value reconciliation reporting.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- A basic understanding of company accounts (training can be given if required)
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Qualified to degree level
- Ideally RICS qualified and/or MCIArb
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a multi-disciplinary construction consulting firm with a focus on dispute resolution, expert witness, planning and delay, legal, quantity surveying and building surveying to clients throughout the construction industry.
The business is headed up by a highly respected senior management team who can provide excellent guidance and support to the successful candidate in their professional career development.
Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic Salary up to £80k (DOE)
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Competitive discretionary bonus
- 5% matched pension contribution
- Family Health Cover
- £5k Core Critical Illness
- Life Assurance 3 x Salary