Quantum Associate Director
An experienced claims consultant with the ability to lead adjudications and similar dispute resolution processes, is required to work in an Associate Director job role with a large specialist claims and disputes consultancy based in London. You will work within the claims and disputes division of one of the UK’s largest consultancies. The client has an established brand which enables them to secure work on some of the largest and high profiles projects and disputes in the UK and overseas.
This Quantum Associate Director job role is a managerial role within the business and requires candidates with strong practical and theoretical experience of construction law and dispute resolution techniques.
in this Quantum Associate Director job, you will gain exposure to a variety of disputes and project types.
There will be a variety of claims, many of which will involve preparation for formal dispute proceedings such as mediation, adjudication, arbitration, and litigation.
Claims and disputes will often be in relation to high value, high profile and complex projects across all building and engineering sectors in the UK and in some instances, will relate to overseas projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantum Associate Director within the business, you will report into the Director and be responsible for the management of a single or multiple client assignments (dependant on size and complexity). Your Quantum Associate Director job duties will include the:
- Ability to review external client’s issues on problematic projects and advise on their contractual position and provide strategic advice on the most effective forms of dispute resolution
- Manage a team of specialist quantum claims consultants working on a particular client claims assignment(s)
- Assist the lead testifying expert witness & undertake your own lead expert work as appropriate also
- Present research findings orally and in written form to colleagues, lawyers and senior client representatives with natural gravitas
- Offer advice on a range of national and international construction contract forms to clients and the process and procedures relating to them that are available to pursue or rebut a claim
- Applying robust and methodical analytical skills to all aspects of the construction claims work, and adopting a flexible and adaptable approach to problems encountered and to client requests
- Ability to provide claims consultancy advice on live contracts and projects in distress to a high professional standard
- Able to deploy a broad range of prior experience from a variety of construction sectors to the construction claim issues under consideration
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience and knowledge of a variety of Alternative Dispute Resolution techniques and able to advise clients on the most effective forms of dispute resolution.
- Prior experience of acting in either a lead expert or lead assistant to the expert is strongly desired.
- Ability to provide leadership to internal and external members of staff, including key stakeholders.
- Familiar with a variety of forms of contract such as JCT, NEC and FIDIC
- Strong report writing skills
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to identify business opportunities and develop new business
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying
- A post graduate qualification such as MSc / LLM in Construction Law would be advantageous, but may not be essential for the ideal candidate
- Relevant professional membership including to the RICS, CIArb, ICES etc.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the largest construction consultancies in the UK. Within this role you will work within a specialist division of the business that focusses exclusively on construction claims and disputes related assignments.
The employer is a renowned brand with offices throughout many major UK cities as well as a strong international presence. In this growing division within the business, there are strong opportunities for career development and progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary in the region of £70k - £90k (Dependant on Experience)
+ Car Allowance
+ 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
+ Contributory pension scheme
+ Private medical cover