Quantity Surveyor job to be based at the company head office in Glasgow, with visits to housing sites in the region. 1-2 years of experience is expected, ideally gained on spec housing or social housing build projects.
A fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with 2-3 years of housing experience, to join the head office QS & commercial team working on new housing development projects in Glasgow and across Scotland.
The Quantity Surveyor will work with the company Commercial Manager and will be responsible for the pre and post cost and contract administration on both flats & 1,2,3,4 & 5 bedroom homes.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the company Commercial Manager, the Quantity Surveyor will have responsibility for helping to manage the pre and post contract function on each phase of new housing as it is built, completed and handed over. The Quantity Surveyor job duties will comprise:
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile subcontract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office
- Assist with training and development of junior surveyors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a QS on housing or building projects
- Able to manage consultants and subcontractors
- Experience of measuring, pricing, negotiating and agreeing budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Able to check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Able to produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
- Can compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Can compile subcontract orders for approval
- Experienced in visiting site to measure and value works completed
- Able to assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Competent in carrying out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Able to quickly learn new skills from Site Project Quantity Surveyor
A degree in Quantity Surveying is desired although not essential as having some previous Quantity Surveying experience is more important
Employing Company Overview and Profile
An exciting medium sized housebuilder that respects its employees and produces a good standard of housing upon which it has built its enviable reputation,
A full profile of this great housing construction contractor based in Scotland across a number of offices and sites including Perth and Glasgow will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous salary + bonus is available for suitably experienced and capable QS candidates.