Pre-construction Manager professional is required to contribute to the effective management of projects during the design and permitting phase for a reputable and expanding construction company based in Langley, British Columbia. Looking for a candidate to start as soon as possible.
Suitable candidates will have 2-3 years of experience in preconstruction, preferably from a commercial or industrial construction background with an understanding of municipal processes. This is a great opportunity to advance your career with a rapidly growing organisation.
As a Pre-Construction Manager, you will play a vital role in the construction team, specializing in delivering comprehensive services such as design, permitting, preconstruction, and construction management for cutting-edge light industrial and commercial developments.
Your main responsibility will be to oversee projects during the design and permitting phase, demonstrating adeptness in handling various complex situations successfully.
The working schedule will be Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.00 pm on site.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working with multiple and varying stakeholders to establish general requirements
- Managing all client interactions from the pre-construction agreement through project turnover to the construction department
- Completing Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) for all necessary consultants
- Managing all consultant interactions and implementation of clients' agreed-upon needs for design
- Reviewing plans and specifications as part of the pre-construction process in order to establish constructability issues
- Reviewing all project documents, for completeness and accuracy
- Developing and maintaining pre-construction project schedules
- Valuing engineering exercises, leading up to and through the building permit stage
- Facilitating all municipal and senior agency submissions followed by liaison with municipal contacts to ensure permit issuance on or before specified timelines as outlined in pre-construction agreements (Typical municipal applications include: Rezoning, Development Permit, Subdivision, Building Permit, Servicing Agreement, Demolition Permit)
- Being responsible for managing client billings and cost procedures during the pre-construction phase
- Conducting internal, consultant, client, and municipal meetings
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 -3 years of experience in a similar position or previous commercial or industrial construction experience and an understanding of municipal process
- Able to read and understand design drawings is required, and familiarity with software such as Timberline, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience and competence in project management coupled with construction knowledge
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time well
- Stakeholder management experience
- Strong interpersonal and detail oriented skills
- Able to work towards deadlines
Applicants with relevant construction degrees, such as technical degrees in Construction Project Management, will be of particular interest.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is an all-in-one construction company providing design, permitting, preconstruction, and construction management for industrial and commercial developments in Langley, British Columbia, Canada.
They have a friendly team environment that encourages and supports personal and professional growth.
Hard-working staff can benefit from bonuses and long-term career prospects.
Full details will be provided to shortlist Pre-Construction Manager candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary $110k+, negotiable based on skills and experience.
- 20 days of vacation on joining!
- Opportunities for a corporate bonus
- Group health and dental benefits
- Company phone
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression