An exciting Intermediate Estimator job role to join a small Quantity Surveying and Estimating consultancy in Northampton. Intermediate Estimator duties will involve carrying out take offs and pricing new build residential projects.
The role is an office-based role to carry out take offs, bills of quantities, cost plans and tenders for the employer’s client base which includes contractors, sub-contractors, developers and private clients.
Projects will primarily be residential new builds. The successful Estimator candidate will be highly organised team player looking to work in small local consultancy firm. With significant growth plans this Estimator employer can offer great career progression opportunities.
Ideal Intermediate Estimator Candidate will be able to control numerous projects simultaneously.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Estimator duties and responsibilities will include:
- To set up Estimating Files upon receipt of enquiries, both electronically and paper completing any further filing/addendums as they arise.
- To complete and maintain archives.
- Significantly interfaces with all supply chain members from both suppliers and subcontractors on all aspects associated with tenders from enquiry to contract award.
- To chase supplier, sub-contractor and manufacturer quotations
- To maintain enquiry quotation register per contract.
- To complete estimating tasks independently
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues, and accounts team in peak periods.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in doing estimates in a Professional Quantity Surveying PQS practice or main contracting firm. At least 3 years’ experience preferred, but additional years of experience are welcome for the Senior Estimator role
- Experience in taking off and pricing for residential new builds.
- Familiar with SMM7, NRM3 and major forms of measurement methods.
- Conversant in all major forms of contract, particularly JCT.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Has experience using other forms of taking off and estimating software.
- Ability to control numerous projects at any one time
- Good understanding of the building industry.
- A degree or equivalent in a construction related field is preferred
- Relevant Estimator qualifications
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is a leading Quantity Surveying and Estimating cost consulting firm with the office based in Northampton. This firm has grown rapidly over the past few years by delivering excellent service for repeat clients, do the successful Estimator candidate will join an enthusiastic and dynamic team who can offer great career progression in a fun working environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 20 days’ holidays plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Training and development schemes