An Employers Agent is required to join a leading multidisciplinary consultancy with an office based in London.
The successful Employers Agent candidate will have prior experience of delivering Employer’s Agent/Contract Administration duties for new build residential projects for Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Developers
Your employer is a leading multidisciplinary cost consulting and project management consultancy that has a fantastic reputation providing long-term Employers agent services.
As Employers Agent/ Project Manager, you will be carrying out project management and monitoring duties, typically comprising of affordable residential development schemes.
This role is suited to a recently qualified Chartered Quantity/Building Surveyor or Project Manager or those wishing to progress their APC.
Working Hours are 9 am to 5.30 pm with an hour for lunch. The hiring company has hybrid and flexible working arrangements. If you wish you can start early/leave early or start late and leave late, however core working hours are between 10am and 4pm.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the Employers Agent job duties will require you to:
- Developing the project brief and assembling the project delivery team.
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender.
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages.
- An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector.
- Undertaking various forms of tender processes.
- Undertaking all day-to-day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, Design and Build, Bespoke Development Agreements etc.
- Preparation of the Building Contracts
- To successfully manage the handover process including undertaking pre-handover inspections.
- To manage post-completion activities to include end of defect rectification period
- inspections, agreement of the final account, auditing the Building Manual.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preferably 3 years experience delivering Employer’s Agent or Contract Administration services for new build housing.
- Demonstration of experience working with Local Authorities, Housing Associations or Private Developers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to sustain and grow client relationships.
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organisation skills to be able to organise and prioritise your workload
- Ambition and character to grow professionally and personally with the business.
- Driving licence and own car. Willingness to travel to sites across the UK as required
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or a degree in Cost Management or similar is desirable
- Member of the RICS or working towards their APC or similar professional qualification.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Employers Agent candidate will join an established multi-disciplinary property consultancy.
They provide services across London and South of England, such as Project Management, Employer’s Agent, Project Monitoring, Cost Consultancy and Clerk of Works/Site Inspection.
Great benefits and perks for Employers Agent candidate.
The employer has a sociable office who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment and are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Car Allowance – £2,000
- Flexible Working Hours
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Professional fees paid
- Business mileage reimbursed
- Laptop and mobile phone
- RICS subscription will be met in full by the Practice. Alternatively, membership of other professional bodies that are relevant to the role
- Opportunity for hybrid working (to 2 days per week WFH)