An attractive Employers Agent job role with a leading multidisciplinary consultancy with an office based in Southampton.
Your role will be to work closely with team with Surveyors on new build housing projects.
Your employer is a leading multidisciplinary cost consulting and project management consultancy that has a fantastic reputation providing long term Employers agent services.
As Employers Agent/ Project Manager, you will be supporting Senior Surveyors carrying out project management and monitoring duties, typically comprising of affordable residential development schemes.
This Employers Agent role could be suitable for recent graduates or more experienced construction professionals. Full training will be provided.
Working Hours are 9 am to 5.30 pm with an hour for lunch. The hiring company has hybrid working arrangements which allow staff at their choice to work remotely for 2 days of the week.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the Employers Agent job duties will require you to:
- Developing the project brief and assembling the project delivery team.
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender.
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages.
- Undertaking various forms of tender processes.
- The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled.
- Preparation of the Building Contracts
- To successfully manage the handover process including undertaking pre-handover inspections.
- To manage post-completion activities to include end of defect rectification period
- inspections, agreement of the final account, auditing the Building Manual.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 years’ experience delivering Employer’s Agent/Contract Administration services for new build housing.
- Previous experience working with Local Authorities, Housing Associations or Private Developers would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organisation skills to be able to organise and prioritise your workload
- Ability to sustain and grow client relationships.
- Ambition and character to grow professionally and personally with the business.
- Driving licence and own car. Willingness to travel to sites across the UK as required
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or a degree in Cost Management or similar is desirable
- Member of the RICS or working towards their APC or similar professional qualification.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Employers Agent candidate will join an established multi-disciplinary property consultancy. They provide services across London and South of England, such as Project Management, Employer’s Agent, Project Monitoring, Cost Consultancy and Clerk of Works/Site Inspection.
Great benefits and perks for Employers Agent candidate.
The employer has a sociable office who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment and are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Professional fees paid
- Business mileage reimbursed
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Opportunity for hybrid working (to 2 days per week WFH)