Employers Agent / Project Manager job vacancy with a Chartered QS and PM Consultancy working on new build social housing projects in the East Midlands and UK wide.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing and highly reputable Midlands based consultancy that has seen their turnover increase substantially over the last 12 months and are looking to expand further in 2021 with the addition of their office in Nottingham.
As Employers Agent/ Project Manager, you will be reporting to the Senior QS, and will be working within a team based from the Nottingham office.
The Employers Agent/Project Manager role will focus on live social housing and residential construction projects based in Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, the Midlands, and across England.
Projects will largely be new build and refurbishment projects and there is strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Employers Agent/ Project Manager job role will involve project management and monitoring duties, typically comprising up to 10 residential development schemes across the UK.
- The successful applicant will be acting as Employer’s Agent managing new build projects as required by the scheme Development Agreement.
- You will be able to manage multiple social housing projects simultaneously and deploy excellent time management strategies to ensure efficient working practices are undertaken by both yourself and the people around you.
- Communicating regularly with Clients, keeping them informed of the project progress and providing them with an exceptional service.
- Managing key forecasting data including key dates, house completions, cash flows.
- Managing the provision and recording of essential plot handover information.
- Supervising the work of any assistants and apprentices in your team and helping them to their potential.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Project Management for either a Private Practice, Construction Company, Housing Association or related organisation.
- Must be capable of managing projects with a reasonable level of independence.
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You will have good communication skills and a diplomatic manner. You will be able to establish and maintain a good working relationship with client, contractors, subcontractors, and colleagues alike.
- Excellent planning and time management skills to have an organised and methodical approach to work.
- You will have great attention detail and commitment to quality.
- Driving license and own car.
A BSc in Project Management, Quantity Surveying or other construction related field or equivalent is expected.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy working on projects across England, with a focus on the Midlands, Home Counties and South of England. Operating in counties including Leicestershire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, West Midlands, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent, they are growing fast and have a full order book of social housing work to undertake for clients for years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development, and the payment of professional fees. The company enjoys a vibrant social interaction with staff and client customers, and they are looking forward to restarting varied staff social events as well as promoting charity fundraising events within the community.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Negotiable Basic Salary dependant on experience
- Discretionary Bonus
- In house and external training provided