An exciting Contract Administrator is needed with Project Control, cost and commercial management experience to work on premium Vancouver infrastructure projects
A premium Contract Administration and Project Control professional is needed with around 4-10 years of experience on civil engineering infrastructure work. The Contract Administration job role is to be based in Vancouver with a premium company working on a number of large-scale infrastructure construction projects valued at $Billions of Canadian Dollars.
Contract Administration job tasks will include undertaking procurement, risk management, change management, cost management, commercial management, and construction project management work. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute significantly to the planning, construction and completion of a number of large-scale complex infrastructure projects including highway, bridge, tunnel and rail projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The job duties of the Contract Administrator in Vancouver will include the following:
- To undertake Contract Administration and Project Control work to support the project team and enable the client to remain on cost, time, and to take responsibility for the monitoring of the construction schedule.
- To facilitate the development and implementation of planning and management systems and implement and manage standards procedures to ensure fulfillment of strategic and value for money objectives to ensure successful completion of the client’s large and complex infrastructure initiatives.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on procurement strategies consistent with overall client and project strategic goals
- Identify and closely monitor project risks, constraints and contingencies to avoid or mitigate costs, budget and schedule impact and to avoid or minimise potential disputes.
- Support the development of, and directly implement appropriate mitigation tactics throughout the project lifecycle.
- Implement change management as required and collate and report on successful project executions and continuously forecast project schedule and cost impacts
- Develop a plan for integrated Project Controls including scope, cost, schedule, and progress of assigned projects based on both industry best practices and the client's requirements
- Take responsibility for the development and implementation of comprehensive strategies, methodologies, tools, and techniques to ensure commercial management excellence and continuous improvement.
- Review and analyze project information and provide guidance to project team on project health
- Prepare and review project controls gate deliverables and follow procedures for consistency and predictability, and escalate any improvement of deficiency of the process or procedures being followed
- Participate in developing the overall Project Breakdown Structure (PBS) to meet all control requirements and ensure that cost control and scheduling systems are compatible
- Participate in the preparation of Earned Value Management processes and reports
- Analyze and report to commercial team leadership on commercial risks, contract performance (budget, schedule, and quality), and contingency utilization & produce reports and memoranda as appropriate
- Take action to address commercial issues, including complex engineering and operational challenges to ensure the attainment of objectives and strategies to allow overall project success
- Facilitate collaboration and cooperation between stakeholders and the extended project team to ensure successful project planning and delivery and to proactively address issue resolution
- Identify opportunities for innovation, risk mitigation and leverage continuous improvement for contract management, administration, and risk control
- Research and keep abreast of industry best practices
- Support the development and implementation of best practices and lessons learned from internal sources and extensive personal professional experience gained from involvement in the management of major multi-billion dollar infrastructure/transportation/transit programs and teams
- Monitor performance through the development of and tracking of administrative and financial metrics.
- Prepare detailed Reports and memoranda through the gathering of project details through the collection of information, verification of information, coordinating management review and issuance of the report by the agreed deadline. Reports to include cost, schedule, earned value, change control, contract administration, Third Party interface and impact, and other reports or written documentation as required in the circumstances
- Perform other related Contract Administration and Project Control duties and tasks as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in roles related to Contract Administration and Project Control is expected
- Evidence of career progression and ambition is required through undertaking progressively more senior and responsible roles relating to the planning, design, construction, contract administration, cost management or/and operation of transportation and civil engineering infrastructure projects
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of quality assurance and quality control principles, practices and methods that will inspire the implementation of the highest standard of controls for contract management processes.
- Experience in the interpretation, evaluation and development of various commercial and bespoke contract documents, specifications and drawings, and legal statutes and proceedings.
- Knowledge of various procurement and contracting models such as DBB, DB, DBF, PDB, and Alliance contracting.
- Familiarity with standard contract forms is also considered an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites, Scheduling software such as P6 and MS Project, and a good understanding of database management systems is required.
- Sound interpersonal and oral/written/presentation skills are needed to present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity
- Ability to effectively liaise with all project participants as necessary, and to work effectively with engineering and construction specialists across multiple sectors and specialisms
- Completion of a degree in Contract/Construction Law, Civil Engineering, planning, business administration or a related discipline - or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent is expected
- A related professional designation such as Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA), PQS, CRM or CIArb would be an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This civil engineering employer is a highly regarded project delivery, engineering, risk management and project management consultancy based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
With a focus on civil engineering infrastructure projects, they have built an excellent reputation in Vancouver and British Columbia and have a forward order book of confirmed work on a range of infrastructure, transportation, civil engineering, and rail projects in the Vancouver and British Columbia region.
A full client employer profile will be provided to applicants shortlisted for interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary based on experience & is negotiable for the right applicant
- Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks vacation in addition to statutory holidays
- Full healthcare package