Clerk of Works
A Senior Clerk of Works/Quality Control Inspector with detailed knowledge and experience in fire control measures and Building Regulations is needed to inspect affordable housing developments in the Surrey or South West London region.
Applications from Chartered Members of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate ICWIC are highly welcome.
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Clerk of Works (Quality Control Inspector) to join employers friendly and professional team. They are looking for someone who can start immediately to cover the Surrey and South west London region.
Experience in affordable housing development is ideal, along with detailed knowledge and experience in:
- Fire control measures
- Building Regulations
- British Standards requirements and compliance.
The successful candidate must hold a full, clean driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Senior Clerk of Works will include, but not be limited to:
- Overseeing buildings works for allocated sites to ensure quality, safety, and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Making sure assurance requirements are met based on regulatory compliance and the employer’s requirements.
- Complete inspections to record any defects identified throughout construction which become apparent after completion of works. Ensure these are communicated and escalated to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
- You will keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance.
- You will demonstrate a good understanding of the building and housing industry, have a basic technical and construction awareness and competence, and be able to show a good working knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements.
- You will have to prepare written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in timely way.
- You will organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in affordable housing development is preferable and detailed knowledge and experience in fire control measures and Building Regulations and British Standards requirements and compliance
- Knowledgeable construction professional with experience in a similar role previously. This could include Clerk or Works, Quality Control Inspector, Building Control Warranty Inspector and Site Manager
- Previous experience of inspecting residential projects
- Good knowledge or building regulations and the ability to read construction drawings
- IT literate is essential, with a high level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- Report writing skills
- A driving license required.
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- Other designations such CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE will also be considered
- A formal qualification in construction, engineering or project management would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is an interdisciplinary construction consultancy offering any combination of Quantity Surveying, Architectural, Building Surveying, Project Management, and Quality Control Inspection services.
They provide modern services, in the residential and regeneration/mixed use sectors for registered providers, local authorities and house builders.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £45 - £55k Basic Salary (Negotiable dependent upon experience)
Further benefits – confirmed with suitable candidates