A claims planning role with a south east based specialist planning and programming consultancy with offices in Kent.
The position would suit a Project Planner with some exposure to claims and disputes work within their role for a contractor or consultancy.
You do not need to have worked for a specialist claims consultancy previously, however you will need to have had exposure to carrying out forensic planning and delay analysis within your traditional planning role.
This consultancy work with a wide range of clients who typically require planning and legal support services relating to their projects. Whilst working for this employer, you will gain exposure to a variety of projects, largely biased towards projects in the built environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will Carry out a combination of traditional planning and claims planning (delay analysis / forensic planning) tasks dependant on the client’s needs. You may be required to work independently or as in a supporting role to a senior member of staff, dependant on the size and complexity of the assignment that you are involved on.
Typical duties may include:
- Feasibility studies
- Contract Administration
- Control, manage and report contractual obligations from procurement to final account
- Determine schedules, monitor programmes and understand risks
- Accurate assessments of progress
- Forensic analysis in alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Clear and impartial evidence for tribunals (ADR)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Pre and post contract Planning experience on large-scale, complex projects
- Some exposure to carrying out delay analysis / forensic planning, either in a specialist role, or as a large part of a traditional planning role
- To be able to produce programmes and schedules for live projects and be able to interpret those written by third parties
- Have an understanding and hopefully some experience of how to prove entitlement for extensions of times (EOT) claims
- Must have a good working knowledge of Primavera P6 or Asta Powerproject, or both
- Must have exceptional writing skills and able to contribute to reports where necessary, including the use of persuasive language
- Be comfortable in a client facing role.
- A relevant Degree is desired
- Higher education such as an MSc or membership to a professional body would be advantageous, but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a small, but highly reputable consultancy with offices in Kent and Central London. As a business, they specialise largely in providing a range of planning and programming services to clients nationwide. This includes claims and disputes related services relating to delay and quantum issues.
The business is management by a number of highly experienced and respected senior professionals with an abundance of knowledge relating to planning issues and any candidate will be given support and guidance in this role to expand upon their current experience and develop.
The role would most suit a successful planner who has had a couple of years exposure to claims within their role as a planner, and are seeking a role with a more specialist consultancy who can provide more frequent claims related assignments.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £40k - £45k salary