Associate Director - Quantum
A highly reputable claims and disputes consultancy based in Sheffield, Yorkshire is looking to hire an Associate Director – Quantum.
There is also an exciting opportunity for the Associate Director to open an office in an agreeable strategic location such as Birmingham, Leeds, London and Manchester.
The successful candidate will likely be an existing Associate Director or Quantum and claims Senior Consultant who has worked for a consultancy providing dispute resolution services.
If this sounds like you, then this position could be a great career move. In return, you will work for a reputable consultancy with a highly experienced senior management team where you can expect to be involved in claims, disputes (largely adjudications) and expert witness work.
In this line of work, it is common to gain exposure to a wide variety of assignments. This can include projects in multiple sectors, as well as working with a number of unique clients, including main contractors, sub-contractors and client organisations.
The client base for the business is more biased towards projects in the built environment (i.e. schools, hospitals, residential etc.) However, candidates from all types of mainstream project backgrounds will be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Associate Director you will report directly to the Managing Director, as well as being charged with running your own assignments with clients relating to claims on live projects.
You will be expected to provide all of the following services within this role:
- examining and advising on construction contracts.
- Helping clients (or internal colleagues) prevent conflicts by offering expert, commercially focused counsel.
- Helping clients (or internal colleagues) with matters related to delay and loss.
- Collaborate with the Delay Analysts to offer support on disputed and time-related issues.
- Provide coaching and training to the many clients on commercial, contractual and temporal issues.
- Report writing and representation of clients in tribunals.
- Collaborate with solicitors offering expert support in construction-related disputes
- Business Development
Desired Skills and Experience
- Lead Assistant experience
- Approximately 10 years postgraduate experience, ideally in Quantity Surveying.
- Experienced in providing professional construction commercial and contractual advice
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including managing variations and changes.
- Candidates who have been actively involved on working on projects in the built environment are preferred due to the client’s typical workload, however candidates with differing project experience may also be considered.
- Formal involvement in managing or supporting in a formal dispute (adjudication, arbitration, litigation etc.) would be advantageous.
- Well-presented and articulate individual with the ability to thrive in a client-facing role and communicate effectively with the client
- Good experience/knowledge of standard forms of contract such as NEC and JCT is essential
- Competent with Microsoft Office packages.
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent OR having studied a Masters in
Construction Law would be desirable. Candidates working towards either of these may be considered also.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a multi-disciplinary construction consulting firm with a focus on risk analysis and mitigation, expert witness, coaching, training, project management, commercial management, and dispute avoidance.
Since its founding, the company has built a solid and expanding clientele. It is ideally situated to offer clients across the country a high calibre of service, with multiple office sites around the United Kingdom.
The business is headed up by a highly respected senior management team who can provide excellent guidance and support to the successful candidate in their professional career development.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary up to £120k (DOE)
+ Car allowance
+ Discretionary Bonus
+ Support towards further qualifications
+ Hybrid working Opportunity