Assistant Project Manager
A newly created role of Assistant Project Manager has been created within a unique business who are one of the UK’s largest private landowners based out of Bedfordshire.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a good understanding of the Project Management role and the construction process. In this role you will have the opportunity to develop your Project Management skills and expand on them by learning new skills such as dealing with more commercial and contractual issues on projects.
You will work as part of an energetic and growing project management team where you will receive full support and training from senior management and the wider business to help develop your skills and expertise as a fully-fledged Project Manager.
The client works exclusively in the property sector. Primarily they act in a client / end user role in the new build and refurbishment of residential properties across England and Wales.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary purpose of the role will be to implement the refurbishment and new build activities within and behalf of the organisation in the achievement of its objectives and against budgets.
The Assistant Project Manager works closely with the Project Manager and the rest of the Project management Team to ensure all targets are met.
Profitability is of prime importance so the Assistant Project Manager will ensure project costs are closely monitored and all contractual obligations of appointed contractors are being met.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the effective implementation of all strategies relating to new build and refurbishment activities on all sites as required to achieve their objectives within those budgets.
- Assist in all procurement to include the tendering processes and evaluations for main contract works.
- Monitor the activities of all appointed contractors in particular against contractual obligations and report regularly and effectively to the PM and project management team as required.
- Maintain the standard and quality of works on all projects adhering to all required Health & Safety Regulations and company policies.
Organise the provision of timely and accurate data to keep managers informed as to progress and financial performance on all projects as required and adhere to company financial policy and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
We’re very much looking for someone with a combination of a solid foundation of experience in a similar role as well as someone with ambition and passion that wants to learn new things and get involved in all aspects of the business.
- Candidates will ideally have some post qualification experience in a Project Management or closely related role WITHIN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTY.
- Strong self-motivation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good IT skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- If candidates have experience in budgeting and managing costs it would be an advantage
- Previous experience within the residential sector of the construction industry would be preferred however candidates from all sectors will be considered if they have the right skills to succeed within the role
- Candidates should be educated to Degree level or a similar equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining one of the largest private owners of residential property in the UK, who operate in the construction, regeneration, and refurbishment or homes Nationwide. This a great opportunity to work with a unique business where you will gain an unusually exciting variety of experience in all areas of the build process, from pre contract stage through to project completion.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary: £32k - £40k (Depending on experience)
+ Company Car (BMW / Mercedes / Lexus) & fuel card
+ Bupa Medical Cover for self, spouse and family
+ Life Insurance
+ Up to 10% discretionary bonus (Based on performance)
+ 25 days holiday allowance
+ All lodging expenses paid (where required)