Assistant Procurement Consultant
A fantastic Assistant Procurement Consultant job based in Newcastle offering the opportunity to work with a team of talented procurement professionals to deliver excellent strategic procurement and contract advice.
A fantastic Assistant Procurement Manager job based in Newcastle offering the opportunity to work with a team of talented procurement professionals to deliver excellent strategic procurement and contract advice.
This procurement job includes the opportunity to provide a full procurement service from the beginning of projects to the end with one of your employers most important clients.
There will be opportunities for international and national travel to help and manage commissions.
Hybrid working is available, although the client dictates the working model.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide clients with procurement advice on important projects
- Provide specialist advise to clients in all sectors about procurement strategy
- To manage procurement services from start to finish on large scale construction related projects
- To support development of the company’s services
- To provide procurement support to ensure goals are achieved at a team level
- To support proposal documents and bid preparation work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be able to develop key strategy/documentation that work well with public procurement regulation
- Must have supply chain expertise in the construction industry or a related sector
- Must have experience with varying types of construction contracts but mainly NEC
- Rail experience with a link to procurement capacity whether direct or indirect is desirable
- Must have experience in tender preparation, evaluation and management
- Must have experience using e-procurement software
- Ideally have experience in major construction projects
- Confident and able to work independently
- Able to manage work/business/career development activities
- Possessing excellent communication, adaptability and a determination for success
- A degree relating to quantity surveying, law or procurement is preferred
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This leading, premium, multi-disciplinary consultancy company works in London with their employees to achieve outstanding results for their clients.
They work globally to complete challenging projects with their dynamic, diverse team. This creates exciting working environments and great career prospects for ambitious procurement professionals.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary
- Car allowance
- Holiday 25 + 8 days
- Pension – matched contributions up to 5%
- Health insurance
- Medical insurance (including dependence)
- Life insurance
- Personal accident cover