E&M Project Manager
One of the most exciting project management jobs in Hong Kong. Our client, an international wellbeing company, are looking to expand to more locations with their gyms. They need an experienced and energetic Hong Kong-based E&M Project Manager with extensive experience in design and fitting-out works, an in-depth understanding of MEP installations, and first-hand site experience.
As an E&M Project Manager, your main role will be to handle the client-side project management and oversee consultants and contractors in the design and construction of new facilities in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing multiple projects in Hong Kong and China
- Managing E&M consultants and carrying out technical review of design drawings and specifications
- Liaising with Landlords to review feasibility of building services systems in new sites and finding solutions to technical difficulties so that E&M demands can be met.
- Project management of contractors during the construction stage to ensure adherence to drawings, quality, cost and time control, review and solve site difficulties. Solving problems related to design and construction of E&M systems.
- In addition to E&M, some project management of interior fitting out work.
- Managing the tender process and appointing contractors
- Travelling to China or Singapore to effectively manage projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years working experience in E&M design / construction and project management with hands-on experience of site work.
- Understanding of M&E design and construction sufficient to technically review M&E design drawings and shop drawings and solve site technical problems.
- Understanding and experience of interior fitting out and builder’s work is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to use AutoCAD and prepare simple layouts as a minimum.
- Analytical & clear communication skills.
- Background in health, hospitality, or related industry is an advantage but not essential.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Higher Certificate or Degree in a related discipline.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is an international company dedicated to broadly understood well-being. In their studios, the customers can attend organised yoga and fitness classes, buy healthy food, and get the company’s apparel. The client operates 44 Yoga and Fitness studios in Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing, and New York and they are planning further expansions. This is a brilliant opportunity for anyone seeking a new job in construction industry and is looking for a fresh new challenge on their construction career path.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Attractive salary package and benefits available for the successful candidate